OWIN Server Error

petrosetta nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Mon Jan 21 14:23:37 UTC 2019

Morning all
I don;t know if anyone has ever had this problem bit I am attempting to put
an OWIN Server running on a Windows 2012 Server with IIS. Whenever we try to
log on going through the NGINX server, I get "Invalid login attempt. Verify
that your username and password are correct." I am sure the username and
password are correct. When I look in NGINX logs, I am seeing GET
/WebAccess/fonts/glyphicons-halflings-regular.woff2 HTTP/2.0" 404 1245
https://mywebsite/Content/css?v=looooong string.

My settings for this server in NGINX is the following:

        listen 443 ssl http2;
         server_tokens off;
         more_clear_headers Server;
         server_name devmachine.mydomain.com;
         ssl on;
         ssl_certificate ssl/devmachine/certificate.crt;
         ssl_certificate_key ssl/devmachine/private-key.pem;
         ssl_dhparam ssl/dhparams.pem;
         ssl_ecdh_curve secp384r1;
         ssl_stapling on;
         ssl_stapling_verify on;
         ssl_trusted_certificate ssl/devmachine/certificate-trusted.crt;
         resolver 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4 valid=300s;
         resolver_timeout 10s;
         ssl_protocols TLSv1.3 TLSv1.2;
         ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;
         ssl_ciphers 'EECDH+AESGCM:EDH+AESGCM:AES256+EECDH:AES256+EDH';
         ssl_session_cache shared:SSL:1m;
         ssl_session_timeout 1h;
         ssl_session_tickets off;
         add_header Strict-Transport-Security
"max-age=31536000;includeSubDomains" always;
         access_log /var/log/nginx/access.log main;
         log_not_found on;

        location / {
            proxy_pass https://devserver;
            proxy_set_header Host $host;
            proxy_set_header   X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
            proxy_set_header   X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
            add_header X-Frame-Options SAMEORIGIN;
            add_header X-Content-Type-Options nosniff;
            add_header X-XSS-Protection "1; mode=block";
            proxy_ignore_client_abort on;
            proxy_buffering off;
            proxy_read_timeout 3600s;
            proxy_send_timeout 3600s;
              if ($limit_bots = 1) {
              return 403;

Has anyone been able to get NGINX working with OWIN?

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,282762,282762#msg-282762