GeoIP2 Maxmind Module Support for Nginx

Karl Johnson karljohnson.it at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 21:25:08 UTC 2019

On Mon, Oct 1, 2018 at 4:49 AM anish10dec <nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org>
wrote:

> In both the cases , either geoip2 or ip2location we will have to compile
> Nginx to support .
>
> Currently we are using below two RPM's from Nginx Repository
> (http://nginx.org/packages/mainline/centos/7/x86_64/RPMS/)
> nginx-1.10.2-1.el7.ngx.x86_64
> nginx-module-geoip-1.10.2-1.el7.ngx.x86_64
>
> Is the rpm module available or is there any plan to make it available.

Hello,

I'm building nginx RPM for CentOS 6 and 7 which now include
ngx_http_geoip2_module. If this package can help and you want to test it on
a new server, just add the yum repository and install it from the testing
repo:

el7 #> yum install
https://repo.aerisnetwork.com/stable/centos/7/x86_64/aeris-release-1.0-4.el7.noarch.rpm
el7 #> yum --enablerepo=aeris-testing install nginx-more

You can find more information about this package on GitHub:
https://github.com/karljohns0n/nginx-more

Karl