Does nginx use unique session identifiers

Lemons, Terry Terry.Lemons at dell.com
Tue Jul 9 18:40:06 UTC 2019

Hi

Our product uses nginx to front-end inbound web access. To enhance our product's security posture, we have been examining the rules in the DISA Web Server Security Requirements Guide<https://dl.dod.cyber.mil/wp-content/uploads/stigs/zip/U_Web_Server_V2R3_SRG.zip>. One of the rules (https://www.stigviewer.com/stig/web_server_security_requirements_guide/2014-11-17/finding/V-41807) states, "The web server must generate unique session identifiers that cannot be reliably reproduced." I searched the nginx documentation, but wasn't able to confirm that unique session identifiers are used.

Are they?

Thanks
tl

Terry Lemons