Nginx and conditional logformat

cello86@gmail.com nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Thu Jul 25 09:08:30 UTC 2019

Hi All,
we tried to add some debug information into our access_log for a service
with a client certificate authentication. Actually we print some information
related to the clients but we would print into the logs the client
certificate sent by the client during the handshake in case of error. We
tried to put the generic logformat into the server block and another
logformat into the if condition, but the first wins always versus the
second.

Is it possible to config the logformat in a conditional statement?

Thanks,
Marcello

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,284984,284984#msg-284984