broken header without HAProxy

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Tue Jun 4 10:28:03 UTC 2019

Hello!

On Tue, Jun 04, 2019 at 02:25:39AM -0400, arashad wrote:

> I'm trying to remove HAProxy from my setup but i keep getting "broken header
> while reading proxy protocol" and the website won't open at all.
> If i remove the "send-proxy" from HAProxy the website won't open also.

Likely the reason is that you have "listen ... proxy_protocol;" in
your config, and removing HAProxy, as well as removing
"send-proxy" option in HAProxy, makes connections invalid as they
no longer have required PROXY protocol header.

To accept connections without PROXY protocol header you have to
remove the "proxy_protocol" flag from the listen directives.
Alternatively, you can configure different listening socket
without the "proxy_protocol" flag, and use this socket for
connections without PROXY protocol header.

http://mdounin.ru/