Problem loading ssl engine

Quintero Sebastian sebastian.quintero at thalesgroup.com
Thu Jun 20 00:25:52 UTC 2019

Hi All.

I am trying to load an ssl engine in windows but for some reason it looks like it is trying to load it from some weird path. I don't even have a Z drive.

My engine lib is in C:\cygwin\usr\local\ssl\lib\engines-1_1\gem.dll

When I execute nginx I get:

C:\nginx>nginx.exe
nginx: [emerg] ENGINE_by_id("gem") failed (SSL: error:25078067:DSO support routines:win32_load:could not load the shared library:filename(Z:\nginx\nginx\objs.msvc8\lib\openssl-1.1.1b\openssl\lib\engines-1_1\gem.dll) error:25070067:DSO support routines:DSO_load:could not load the shared library error:260B6084:engine routines:dynamic_load:dso not found error:2 606A074:engine routines:ENGINE_by_id:no such engine:id=gem)