Advice in regards to configuration

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Fri Mar 8 00:11:05 UTC 2019

On Wed, Mar 06, 2019 at 03:49:15PM -0500, Brandon Mallory wrote:

Hi there,

> Good Advice, After doing some further research. Can you give me your opinion in regards to using the ssl_preread_server_name. So as long as I can get a SNI and then filter TCP connection to the proper server with that information. Does this sound doable ?

In principle, yes. I don't see why it should not work. Your clients
will speak TLS, and will all connect to different hostnames (which will
presumably all resolve to the nginx IP address).

You may want to look closely at the example in the docs, and make sure
you understand "map" and the content of the $ssl_preread_server_name
variable. That will probably help you come to a working config more
reliably.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org