Possible memory leak?

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Tue Mar 12 15:47:42 UTC 2019

Hello!

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 08:28:54PM +0530, Anoop Alias wrote:

> limiting the server blocks may not be practical when each domain has a
> different TLS config
>
> unless we use lua modules provided in the openresty
>
> Correct me if I am wrong

There are at least several ways to reduce number of server blocks
even when using SSL, including using certificates with multiple
alternative names, using wildcard certificates, or using dynamic
certificate loading with variables as introduced in nginx 1.15.9.
But either way it should be understood that SSL requires
resources, even if certificates are available for free.

Note well that reducing the number of server{} blocks is not the
only approach to reduce memory footprint I've outlined.  If you
are using tens of thousands of server{} blocks, the amount of
compiled in modules may make a significant difference.

http://mdounin.ru/