Possible memory leak?

wkbrad nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Wed Mar 27 18:54:41 UTC 2019

Hey Maxim,

I want to thank you again for all of your time and effort looking into this.
 It's been extremely helpful.  Really... thank you!

According to the man page, changing the junk setting is for debugging and
would have negative impacts on performance.
https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=malloc

And the same is basically true for the mmap threshold settings.  I'd really
like to find a way to deal with this in a way that doesn't have a negative
impact on performance.

Combine all of that with the fact that this issue happens on all systems and
that the direct competitor doesn't have this issue, that makes me think this
is something that Nginx needs to address directly.

After all, how can it be a system level issue if it happens on ALL systems?
It has to be a problem in Nginx itself in my view.

What are your thoughts on that?

Thanks!

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,283216,283553#msg-283553