Incorrect log location error

spraguey nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Sun May 5 14:33:43 UTC 2019

I can't seem to get past an error when specifying the log location for a
website.

In my site.conf for the website...

access_log /webspace/mydomain.com/log/access.log;

The /webspace/mydomain.com/log folder definitely exists at that location.

access.log is not created there. In my error.log file...

"/usr/share/nginx//webspace/mydomain.com/log/access.log" failed (2: No such
file or directory) while logging request, client: X.X.X.X, server:
www.mydomain.com..."

It looks like it is trying to place it as a subfolder in the /usr/share
folder instead of at the root. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong here?

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,284035,284035#msg-284035