redirect to another domain based on IP address

ender ulusoy enderulusoy at gmail.com
Tue May 7 07:44:17 UTC 2019

Patrick, thank you. Mapping works perfect.

Today one of my developers ask me that he'll append ?domain=st when he
wants to see the staging site and ?domain=www when he wants to see the
production while testing end the end of the url. here is examples:

request goes to staging if the domain=st parameter added from office ip :
http://aaa.com/?domain=st

request goes to production even from office ip if the domain=www parameter
added
http://aaa.com/?domain=www

all requests go to staging from office ip if no domain parameter specified
https://stage.aaa.com

While other developers work fine with the solution you gave above this one
is also a qas engineer who tests the old and new site functions same time.
And wants to test functions on both sides one by one.

Can I implement a location catching in to your if clause? Will it work
inside the if block ?

Patrick <201904-nginx at jslf.app>, 6 May 2019 Pzt, 17:08 tarihinde şunu yazdı:

> On 2019-05-06 16:47, ender ulusoy wrote:
> > Main office ip 200.100.50.10
> >
> > And it's shared office. I can not setup any dns services there. All
> > the developers come from this ip.
>
> map $remote_addr $is_web_dev  {
>         200.100.50.10  1;
>         default  0;
> }
>
> server {
>         server_name www.aaa.com;
>
>         if ($is_web_dev) {
>                 return 301 http://stage.aaa.com$uri ;
>         }
>         # rest of normal prod config
>

> This config is probably going to cause something to blow up in the
> future because it is not doing what the user requested -- if the user
> wanted staging they should have just used http://stage.aaa.com in the
> first place.
>

> Patrick

um Gottes Willen!