OSTicket configuration issues

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Mon May 13 18:16:19 UTC 2019

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 11:30:19AM -0400, NorrComm Solutions wrote:

Hi there,

> Hi we are attempting to run OSTicket with nginx.
>
> We get this message: "too many redirects" when going to the URL.
>
> We followed this URL for a resolution but so far no luck.
>
> Has anyone seen this error and resolved it?
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55651186/user-diretive-is-not-allowed/55661791#55661791

The configuration snippet includes:

===
    # Rewrite all requests from HTTP to HTTPS
    server {
        listen 80;
        server_name 192.168.0.24;
        rewrite ^ http://192.168.0.24 permanent;
    }
===

The "rewrite" causes every request to get a http redirect back to the
same service. That is your loop.

You probably want https:// in the rewrite line.

The rest of the config, within the https server, looks a bit strange to
me. But presumably someone uses OSTicket and this works for them. So -
once you get to https://192.168.0.24, you should be ok.

If not, and you send a follow-up message, please include all of the
details in that mail, rather than pointing to an external web site --
that will help someone on this list who has the same problem in the
future, when that other web site has been edited or removed.

Thanks,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org