[ANN] OpenResty 126.96.36.199 released
yichun at openresty.com
Fri May 17 08:17:12 UTC 2019
I am happy to announce the new formal release, 188.8.131.52, of the
OpenResty web platform based on NGINX and LuaJIT:
This release contains many big new features as well as many important
bug fixes accumulated in the past year.
We now have
1. full Aarch64 support, ngx.pipe API for doing shell commands nonblockingly,
2. lua-resty-shell and lua-resty-signal libraries for simple shell
3. much enhanced ngx_stream_lua module with peek(),
ssl_certificate_by_lua*, ngx.semaphore, and etc,
4. LuaJIT without the 2G GC-managed memory limit on x86_64 by default
(now the limit is 128TB),
5. several new table.* built-in API functions in our LuaJIT (which can
also be JIT compiled),
6. nonblocking cosocket connect() request queing for limiting backend
7. automatic loading of lua-resty-core by default, and many other features.
See the web page link above for more details on the highlighted
features and complete change logs.
Special thanks go to all our developers, sponsors, and contributors!
Also thanks Thibault Charbonnier for his great help in preparing this
We'll try making releases much more often in the future (one release
for every 1 ~ 2 months).
OpenResty is a high performance and dynamic web platform based on our
enhanced version of Nginx core, our enhanced version of LuaJIT, and
many powerful Nginx modules and Lua libraries. See OpenResty's
homepage for details:
Yichun Zhang is the creator of OpenResty, the founder and CEO of OpenResty Inc.
More information about the nginx