args and rewrite vars always empty

User user24 at inbox.lv
Fri May 24 11:50:31 UTC 2019

On 5/24/19 11:38 AM, Maxim Dounin wrote:
> There is no special $0 variable in nginx, and the above
> configuration is expected to produce:
>
> nginx: [emerg] unknown "0" variable
>
> error on start (just checked with 1.10.3 to be sure).

Thanks! I found my mistake. I'm so stupid :) I generate my nginx hosts
file with bash script and it execute this vars $1 at the generation
time. Thank you for your time and help again. Maybe you can also suggest
what is better for performance purposes: rewrite or try_files ? In my
case I want only to make friendly SEO urls, there will be no files at
/products/ directory. It's full virtual dir.