Expert needed to Tune Nginx For Best Performance

targon at technologist.com targon at technologist.com
Tue Nov 19 02:58:55 UTC 2019

Hi J,

There’s a guy on Upwork (seems to me MIA) who advertises a service that covers my requirements:

https://www.upwork.com/fl/koencalliauw <https://www.upwork.com/fl/koencalliauw>

Web Performance Expert / Professional Linux Systems Engineer

As a systems engineer and PHP developer, I have developed a lot of skills in the area of performance optimization. Web performance is extremely important for your visitors as well as for how your rank in the major search engines.

My approach to helping clients consists of the following:

- Establishing a baseline performance of a specific problematic page, that can be easily reproduces - Analyse the HTML/CSS and Javascript loading to detect any bottlenecks on the page
- Optimise loading of external assets by following best modern practices
- Analyse the Linux server configuration, this means CPU, Memory and disk performance, Apache / Nginx configuration, PHP configuration, etc.
- Profile the web application to detect the parts of the code that take up the most CPU time (like for example slow SQL queries), use the most memory, are waiting for disk I/O the longest, or transferring the most data over the network
- Finally, I write a quick report to the client with my findings, and upon agreement, I start optimising the code, system configuration, etc. in order to bring down the time it takes for the page to load.
- Caching can be implemented (like in memcached, redis, ...) and PHP OpCache can be configured and deployed
- SSL settings can be fine-tuned to get a good rating on SSL Labs, keeping in mind the visitors and their browsers.