two identical keycloak servers + nginx as reverse proxy

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Tue Nov 26 09:31:56 UTC 2019

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 12:24:18PM +0200, Gregory Edigarov wrote:

Hi there,

>         location / {
>             proxy_pass          http://signin;
>             proxy_redirect      off;
>             proxy_set_header    Host               $host;

> every request to https://signin.my.domain  results in error 500, and in logs
> i see:
>
> rewrite or internal redirection cycle while internally redirecting to
> "////////////",

I think that the config snippet that you show does not lead to the error
log that you show.

Is there some other config in place?

If you add the line

  return 200 "Inside location /, request $uri\n";

before the proxy_pass, and make the same request, what response do you get?

> i know exactly that keycloak part work , i could go to keycloak.my.domain in
> my browser no problem.

You report that you can go to keycloak.my.domain in your browser and
things work.

Your config asks nginx to go to http://172.19.24.13:8080 using the hostname
signin.my.domain.

That is not the same as keycloak.my.domain. Possibly that difference is
a reason for things not working?

Cheers,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org