Unit 1.12.0 release

Valentin V. Bartenev vbart at nginx.com
Thu Oct 3 16:43:48 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'm glad to announce a new release of NGINX Unit.

This is an ad-hoc release that focuses on fixing several annoying bugs
and adds compatibility with the upcoming PHP 7.4, scheduled for release
on November 28, 2019.

Changes with Unit 1.12.0                                         03 Oct 2019

    *) Feature: compatibility with PHP 7.4.

    *) Bugfix: descriptors leak on process creation; the bug had appeared in
       1.11.0.

    *) Bugfix: TLS connection might be closed prematurely while sending
       response.

    *) Bugfix: segmentation fault might have occurred if an irregular file
       was requested.

Regarding our plans for the near future, see our earlier announcement:

 - https://mailman.nginx.org/pipermail/unit/2019-September/000167.html

To know more about some features introduced recently, you can follow posts
about Unit in the official blog:

 - https://www.nginx.com/blog/tag/nginx-unit/

We also updated our Docker images with an initialization script that
significantly simplifies the initial configuration of Unit daemon
inside a container.  Please check the documentation for instructions:

 - https://unit.nginx.org/installation/#initial-configuration

  wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev