Nginx Reverse Proxy Lowercase URL and some exceptions to the URL

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu Oct 3 19:05:04 UTC 2019

On Thu, Oct 03, 2019 at 01:03:01PM -0400, Alex Med wrote:

Hi there,

> I also would like to add that when I access:  example.com/API/ it is
> lowercased to example.com/api/.  According to my configuration it should
> not.  So it means location #1 is not working properly.

Why do you think that?

My reading of your configuration is that a request for example.com/API/
should get a response of a http 301 to example.com/api/.

Is there some part of your configuration that you are not showing here?

If you test with exactly the configuration that you show here, do you
see the same behaviour?

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org