Odd behavior

Ken Wright wizard at bnnorth.net
Wed Oct 9 05:52:11 UTC 2019

Sorry to be taking up so much bandwidth lately, but I'm seeing some
weird behavior from nginx.

When I enter my domain name in Firefox, I get a 404 status.  If I enter
<domain>.com/index.nginx-debian.html I get the regular nginx welcome
screen.  Just for fun I copied index.nginx-debian.html to index.html,
and <domain>.com/index.html gets an "Opening index.php" window.  This
one in particular has me stumped, because index.html and
index.nginx-debian.html are identical, but the show different behavior.

Like I said, weird.  Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Ken

--

Registered Linux user #483005

If you ever think international relations make sense, remember this:
because a Serb shot an Austrian in Bosnia, Germany invaded Belgium.