Trailing Slash Redirect Loop Help

Alex Med nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Tue Oct 15 03:06:02 UTC 2019

Dear Francis:

What I am perceiving from your answers is that if nginx can not know with
(!-d or the try_files) that the uri is a directory or a file, there is not
much it can do about not removing slashes from the uris it gets.

Is there a way to tell nginx that if it gets a "/" from the upstream to
leave it the way it is? I guess I will give up the idea of having all urls
without a trailing slash.

Regards,

Alex

P.S. I will look into having the APP remove the trailing slash since it
should know better what it is a directory or a file.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,273964,285873#msg-285873