Problems with redirects

Danny Horne danny at trisect.uk
Tue Oct 15 14:00:08 UTC 2019

On 15/10/2019 14:08, Reinis Rozitis wrote:
>> The problem is, whatever URL I put in the browser, it redirects to
>> https://trisect.uk _______________________________________________
>> server_name trisect.uk *.trisect.uk;
>> return 301 https://$server_name$request_uri; }
> For that I don't think you can use $server_name here because it will always be the first one picked no matter if the client passes site1.trisect.uk in Host header.
>
> Try with return 301 https://$host$request_uri;
>
> rr

Ok, I think I'm there with the following server block, I think the main
problem was that I'd shot myself in the foot by using 301 redirects,
which Chrome was caching, testing with another browser showed everything
working as desired.  Clearing the Chrome redirect cache has (I think)
fixed it.

server {
         listen *:80;
         listen [::]:80;