IOS keep asking password with nginx auth_basic

tiendungitd nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Fri Oct 18 10:01:56 UTC 2019

Hi Lewis,

> Are you serving over HTTPS?

Yes, all content over HTTPS

> Can you create an MCVE (minimal, complete, and verifiable example) for
> ".txt" file over HTTP?  For a ".txt" file over HTTPS?  For a ".ivp"
> file
> over HTTP?  For a ".ivp" file over HTTPS?

Sorry, I don't know how to create this.
> In your Pastebin access log, I see occurrences of "$1" in your
> requests.
> Is that intentional, or is that a bug?

Yes, that is intentional.

> What Content-Type header field are you sending in your response to the
> request for a resource ending in ".ivp"?

They are text/xml;charset=UTF-8 and application/json.

> Can you try adding a user name and password for the website on the
> iPad
> under Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Website & App Passwords?

Yes, I already do this, but the browsers still promp password
> What happens if you try Firefox and Google Chrome on the iPad?  Do
> they
> work?

neither of them work in Ipad/Iphone.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,285874,285934#msg-285934