Global basic auth for multiple servers

Stefan Christ proxy.trash at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 23:21:19 UTC 2020

Hello,

today I tried to install and setup nginx and it worked great so far. I was able to add some servers (server sections) for each of my subdomains and forward them to the specific web interface in my network (reverse proxy).

I wanted to add some extra security so I used basic auth in the http section and turned it off for one single subdomain. Now I get asked to auth for each subdomain. Is it possible to configure nginx so that I only have to auth on one subdomain and have access to all others subdomains without being forced to auth again?

Still so happy how easy the setup was!

Have a nice day,
Stefan