aarch64 packages for other Linux flavors

Konstantin Pavlov thresh at nginx.com
Tue Apr 21 17:22:22 UTC 2020

Hi Emilio,

15.04.2020 14:21, Emilio Fernandes wrote:
>         Our policy is to provide packages for officially upstream-supported
>         distributions.
>
>         https://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/General#What_architectures_are_supported.3F
>         states that they only support x86_64, and aarch64 is unofficial.
>

>     Here is something you may find interesting.
>     https://github.com/varnishcache/varnish-cache/pull/3263 - a PR I've
>     created for Varnish Cache
>     project.<https://github.com/varnishcache/varnish-cache/pull/3263>
>     It is based on Docker + QEMU and builds packages for different
>     versions of Debian/Ubuntu/Centos/Alpine for both x64 and aarch64.
>

> Nice work, Martin!
>
> @Konstantin: any idea when the new aarch64 packages will be available ?
> May we help you somehow ?

I've just published RHEL8/CentOS8 aarch64 packages for nginx stable on
http://nginx.org/packages/rhel/8/aarch64/.  The mainline will follow the
suit soon, as well as proper documentation on
http://nginx.org/en/linux_packages.html.

With Alpine, it is proving to be more difficult than we thought, as
there are problems runing those on AWS EC2 which we use on our build
farm: https://github.com/mcrute/alpine-ec2-ami/issues/28 .

--
Konstantin Pavlov
https://www.nginx.com/