Load balancing 50000 Citrix ICA sessions through nginx - hardware requirements

Thomas Glanzmann thomas at glanzmann.de
Wed Apr 22 17:07:15 UTC 2020

Hello,
I would like to use nginx to load balance Citrix ICA sessions (socks
over https) to four netscalers. Nginx would just distribute the 50000
sessions to 4 netscalers. Just tcp with ip hash, no ssl offloading
necessary. The traffic is approx. 5 Gbit/s. The connections are long
running approx. 10 minutes upto 10 hours. I would like to know what
hardware is required to pull that off. Obviously 10 Gbit/s interfaces
but what aboure CPU and RAM requirements? Can someone guide me?
Otherwise I will try to benchmark it.

Cheers,
        Thomas