Want to use --emit-relocs in the linker step

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon Apr 27 14:54:03 UTC 2020

Hello!

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 06:23:59PM +0430, Mahmood Naderan wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to add '--emit-relocs' at the linker stage while building nginx, I
> have edited the objs/Makefile to be like this:
>
>         $(LINK) -o objs/nginx \
>         objs/src/core/nginx.o \
>         objs/ngx_modules.o \
>         -ldl -lpthread -lcrypt -lpcre -lz --emit-relocs \
>         -Wl,-E
>

> However, I get this error
>
> cc: error: unrecognized command line option '--emit-relocs'
>
> Any idea to fix that?

Likely you have to use -Wl,--emit-relocs instead, since by nginx
does not use linker directly, but rather calls it via compiler
instead.

Note well that there is no need to edit objs/Makefile manually,
there is the "--with-ld-opt" configure option, see
http://nginx.org/en/docs/configure.html and/or output of the
"./configure --help" command.

http://mdounin.ru/