Nginx pre-configured test environment with all scenarios

Peter Booth peter_booth at me.com
Mon Jul 6 03:18:34 UTC 2020

Why are you doing an nginx POC?

To be blunt, nginx is the most powerful, flexible web server/reverse proxy/application delivery software product that exists. If it has an obvious competitor it’s the F5 BigIP LTM/WAF device - and F5 owns nginx. So what does this mean? It means that if you don’t have hands on experience with these two products then you cant really appreciate what is possible  from a best of breed web server / reverse proxy. I’m not trying to be a d1ck, but to be honest. Here’s an analogy - if I were a very rich person (I’m not) and I wanted to buy a Bugatti Veyron and I rolled up to a Bugatti dealer and asked for a test drive the dealer would laugh at me. People buy super cars sight unseen because they know they are super cars. In the same way, if you need a reverse proxy Then nginx is what you need. It’s that simple. I don’t work for nginx, I’m not an obsessive fanboy- just a realist.

Sent from my iPhone