SNI support in `mail` context (fixed formatting)

Chris Adams linux at cmadams.net
Tue Jul 7 16:05:41 UTC 2020

Once upon a time, Denis Sh. <denok at yandex.com> said:
> So, Chris, you're saying that you successfully run Postfix and Dovecot that rely on SNI in production?

No, not postfix - it doesn't support SNI on the server side (and postfix
maintainers are not interested in adding support).  I do have Dovecot
using SNI; at peak it was around 20,000 active users across a couple of
dozen independent service provider domains (lower now as we're migrating
off that whole setup for other reasons).

--
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>