Re: Is there any plan to support WebAssembly?

Dmitry Volyntsev xeioex at nginx.com
Wed Jul 22 18:26:42 UTC 2020

On 20.07.2020 06:21, 肖涵 wrote:

>       Hi
>

>       WebAssembly provides a new way to extend the module, like envoy
>       already supports WebAssembly. we would like to consult nginx's
>       attitude towards this
>

>       In addition, We have supported  WebAssembly for Nignx. we can
>       load the wasm module as your extension like Lua. Will you
>       consider accepting our code as part of open source nginx in the
>       future?
>

> Thanks
>
> Han

Hi Han,
We are in  the process of investigation of applicability of WebAssembly
in nginx.
Please share more details about the ways you use WebAssembly in nginx.

1) do you have publicly available code right now?
2) Do you support any interoperability interfaces like proxy-wasm?
(https://github.com/proxy-wasm/spec/tree/master/abi-versions/vNEXT)
Or please share the details about your WASM runtime, and the way you
interact with nginx internals.

 >Will you consider accepting our code as part of open source nginx in
the future?
If it is just a module, feel free to release it. There are multitudes of
community supported modules for nginx. We rarely accept external large
patches, because its support requires considerable time and energy.