TCP SSL termination issue on Nginx - for JDBC client

Reinis Rozitis r at roze.lv
Mon Jun 22 11:56:55 UTC 2020

I'm not very into Java but you might get more details if you add  -Djavax.net.debug=SSL,handshake or -Djavax.net.debug=all

The current error is not very explanatory (at least to me) and from nginx side the client just closes connection.

You could test the nginx side with cipherscan https://github.com/mozilla/cipherscan (not sure if there is an alternative for windows, but maybe it's possible to run it in WSL) to see if the problem is with nginx or jdbc client.

Also I would try without the DHE ciphers (and widen available like add TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA)

rr