Prevent direct access to files but allow download from site

lists lists at lazygranch.com
Thu Mar 12 00:45:02 UTC 2020

You could make it harder to pass around the URL if it is dynamic. That is make the url session related.

You can do a search on "uncrawlable" and then exactly the opposite of what they suggest. That is most people want to be crawled, so their advice is backwards.

One thing to watch out for is Google dorking. Even if Google doesn't crawl, the html/javascript/etc leave clues to file locations.

When I am on a server I will copy what is needed to block wget, curl, nutch, screamingfrog, etc. I have a number of Nginx maps I use to block and flag troublemakers.