Quick question on NGINX cache

Alex Evonosky alex.evonosky at gmail.com
Sat May 23 20:18:33 UTC 2020

"Can you be more specific? Which "cache"? Browser cache? Nginx content
cache? try_files has nothing to do with caching..."

Nginx content cache

"Either way, you need to check your headers to ensure that they allow
caching for said pages. Also if any cookies are being sent then nginx
won't cache the page."

I looked at the headers using CURL..

The issue seems this:

The request hits NGINX and the backend server(s) for Wordpress are cached
just fine from just the FQDN --- example.com

however, if I try to go to say, example.com/?page_id=1234, the headers do
not show NGINX anymore, as only the servers for Wordpress show up; Almost
like a
cache punch-hole.

===== proxy.conf ====

proxy_cache_path /tmp/cache keys_zone=my_cache:10m max_size=10m
inactive=60m;

#proxy_redirect off;
proxy_set_header Host $host;
add_header X-Cache-Status $upstream_cache_status;
client_max_body_size 10m;
client_body_buffer_size 128k;
proxy_connect_timeout 90;
proxy_send_timeout 90;
proxy_read_timeout 90;
proxy_buffers 32 4k;

==== nginx.conf ====

http {
        upstream example.com {
        least_conn;
        server 10.10.10.138:8999;
        server 10.10.10.84:8999;
        }

server {
listen 82;
location / {
try_files $uri $uri/ /$args /index.php?$args;
proxy_cache my_cache;
proxy_cache_use_stale error timeout http_500 http_502 http_503 http_504;
proxy_cache_background_update on;
proxy_pass http://example.com;
proxy_cache_valid any 60m;
proxy_cache_methods GET HEAD POST;
proxy_http_version 1.1;
proxy_set_header Connection keep-alive;
proxy_ignore_headers Cache-Control Expires Set-Cookie;

sendfile on;
tcp_nopush on;
tcp_nodelay on;
keepalive_timeout 65;