Quick question on NGINX cache

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu May 28 12:26:07 UTC 2020

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 01:20:04PM +1000, Jore wrote:

Hi there,

> Just chasing up below, if anyone has any suggestions?

What request do you make?
What response do you get?
What response do you want instead?

> So to recap, the situation is, I have nginx running Wordpress with the
> Hypercache plugin but only the homepage is cached, other pages "miss"
> according to page headers.

Can you show the request headers going from your browser to nginx?

It looks like you set $skip_cache if certain Cookie values are included
in the request. Or if the request includes "index.php".

If that does not show the problem -- can you show the response headers
coming from upstream to nginx? That might indicate if the pages are not
being cached by nginx.

Cheers,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org