SSL routines:tls_process_client_hello:version too low

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Mon Oct 5 11:39:06 UTC 2020

On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 04:39:03PM -0400, jriker1 wrote:

Hi there,

> Not sure if they are relevant but went thru the entire log.  Found these
> references.  Guessing related but  not sure they tell me personally
> anything:

These logs do seem to indicate that the tls-negotiation part of things
is working ok, so the error message in the Subject: seems to no longer
be an issue?

The fact that your upstream is using WWW-Authenticate: Negotiate and
RDG_OUT_DATA makes me suspect that it may be using some Microsoft-specific
non-standard-HTTP things that either may notwork through a reverse proxy,
or may not work through nginx.

I don't have a better answer for you; if you want to continue trying,
are you able to re-create the client / nginx / upstream server setup
that worked in the past? Then maybe change only one piece at a time to
see where the first breakage happens?

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org