Not able to install nginx on AWS AMI

electrotwelve nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Wed Oct 14 09:22:17 UTC 2020

Hi, I spun up an AWS AMI and followed this guide to install nginx:
http://nginx.org/en/linux_packages.html#RHEL-CentOS

However, when I try to install I get the following error:

Loaded plugins: extras_suggestions, langpacks, priorities, update-motd
amzn2-core

                       | 3.7 kB  00:00:00
amzn2extra-docker

                       | 3.0 kB  00:00:00
http://nginx.org/packages/centos/2/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14]
HTTP Error 404 - Not Found
Trying other mirror.

 One of the configured repositories failed (nginx stable repo),
 and yum doesn't have enough cached data to continue. At this point the
only
 safe thing yum can do is fail.

Not sure why its trying to access centos/2 folder. I see the version 8 being
the most recent one.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,289734,289734#msg-289734