Could backup request (or hedged requests ) be supported ?

黄喆 atwoodhuang94 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 03:42:33 UTC 2020

Hi:
In my work, I use nginx as a http proxy between diffreent services. As we
know, Envoy is also a very famous proxy. I have noticed that envoy has a
function called 'hedged requests'
https://www.envoyproxy.io/docs/envoy/v1.12.2/intro/arch_overview/http/http_routing#request-hedging
 . This means that Envoy will race multiple simultaneous upstream requests
and return the response associated with the first acceptable response
headers to the downstream.
so ,could nginx support this function ? I have tried to do some change in
ngx_http_upstream.c. But I found that too much code needs to be changed to
accomplish this function, it's too difficult for me.