SSI configulations issues

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Sat Apr 17 17:32:45 UTC 2021

On Sun, Apr 18, 2021 at 01:21:14AM +0900, tommys_project at yahoo.co.jp wrote:

Hi there,

> I deleted "ssi  on;" and "ssi_last_modified on;" from the configulations and execute "sudo systemctl restart nginx" but looks ssi is still enabled and test.html outputs values as ssi...
>
> What should I do to restore to being disabled?

The config you showed first had "ssi on" in two places.

If you remove both, and successfully restart the nginx that is reading
that config file, then nginx should not be looking for <!--# ssi
directives anywhere.

"nginx -T" should test the config, and print what config it is actually
reading. Maybe the output of that will show why things are working the
way that they are?

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org