Using nginx in front of my app

Decor nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Fri Jan 1 13:46:09 UTC 2021

Hi,

I would like to not bother with the networking side of my project.
Hence I will use nginx to receive https/websocket requests and serve static
html (vuejs) files.

But, sometimes, clients will call my API for more complex actions
(database...) and I would like nginx to be a proxy to simplify my
application.

client sends encrypted websocket
> nginx receive it and decrypts it
> nginx transfers the http content using UDP (for simplicity) to my local c
socket application
> my app does what it does best and sends back the response to nginx
> nginx sends back the valid encrypted packet to the client

So I need nginx as a https proxy but switching to UDP protocol and
remembering how to answer the client after getting the response from my
app.

How may I do that?

Thanks

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,290355,290355#msg-290355