Request Method Using Mixed case letters.

Jeffrey 'jf' Lim jfs.world at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 14:00:58 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 2:04 PM sanjay9999 <nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org> wrote:

> Thanks for the update.
> I have already taken care to hide the "nginx".
>
> With CAPITAL letters, my testcase using "POSTSSS" for request_method, works
> fine.However, for mixed-case and small-case , nginx default rule applies and
> control does not reach my server block. hence I end up getting 400 error
> with "nginx" server name in html response.

I'm curious. Could you share your server block config?

As for the server name, I've thought about it in the past and
initially saw it as an issue. However, as an open source supporter and
user I can definitely understand the wishes of the nginx team and do
want to advertise for the project as well. On the practical side, IMO
I think there are more things you need to worry about than simply
hiding the name. If somebody can compromise your system based on
knowing that it's nginx, you either have a config issue, or they are
smart enough to detect nginx even without you advertising the name.

-jf