ssl_engine configuration

vishwaskn nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Sun Jul 4 21:42:16 UTC 2021

Hello All,

Could you please point me to a configuration example of using ssl_engine
configuration directive ?.

Is there a patch needed to nginx to get it work as I saw a few discussions
around this or are they already merged to mainline ?.

I see here
(http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_ssl_module.html#ssl_certificate_key)
the usage example of using ssl_certifcate_key specifying a engine:name:id,
however it is not clear to me, what should be the "id" here.
Also, I presume, the ssl_engine is a global directive and should be
indicated with the engine name as identified by openssl.

Any pointers/references regarding getting ssl_engine working with nginx
would be helpful.

thank you,
regards,
-vishwas.