Tproxy support for IP transparency

bouvierh nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Sat Jun 5 04:36:47 UTC 2021

Hello,

When my application connects to a sever, I am intercepting the request and
routing it to a nginx process located on the same host (listening to
127.0.0.1:8883).
The interception need to be transparent, so IP tables does that well. Now
the issue is restoring the original destination. This would be trivial with
HTTP, however MQTT or AMQP can also be used.

I have looked at Tproxy protocol, it looks promising, but I have not found
any way to use it with Nginx. It seems it is used for IP transparency for
upstream server, not for transparently intercepting client messages.

Can I still implement a transparent interception of requests with Nginx?

Thank you!
Hugues

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,291775,291775#msg-291775