Upstream proxy using QUIC

Maxime Bruno maxime.bruno at ens-lyon.fr
Wed Jun 16 12:28:21 UTC 2021

Hello,

I'm currently trying to setup a proxy using nginx server. I want it to
have a QUIC (and so HTTP3) connection between the client and the load
balancer and also between the load balancer and the backend.

But I achieve, following the nginx doc only in the setup of a QUIC
connection between the client and the load balancer and a TCP+TLS
connection between the load balancer and the backend.

Moreover despite the headers, when I try to connect to my load balancer
with my web browser it don't upgrade my TCP+TLS connection to a QUIC
connection.

Information:
I'm positive that my load balancer and my backend handle QUIC, I try
them using curl and the option --http3 and verbose and I check that
HTTP3 was indeed use.

Can someone help me, or redirect me to another mailing list or forum
that answer my problem and that I missed. I would be grateful.