proxy_buffering context and unexpected error

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Wed Mar 3 20:14:23 UTC 2021

On Wed, Mar 03, 2021 at 02:51:33PM -0500, Drew Dixon wrote:

Hi there,

> Hi there, thanks for the quick reply, sure, the config is rather simple for
> some initial testing, I'm not sure the directive being turned off will have
> any effect w/ the present config but the directive is not within any "if"
> within the "server" context and seems to be throwing an error when I would
> expect it not to:

Thanks for the example.

I see the confusion.

> stream {

https://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_proxy_module.html is for proxy_*
directives with the http section.

This example is within the stream section, so you'll be wanting the docs
at https://nginx.org/en/docs/stream/ngx_stream_proxy_module.html

>     server {
>         proxy_buffering off;

I think that there is not something like the http proxy_buffering
available within the stream module, so it is effectively always off in
that case.

Cheers,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org