auth_request not passing query string

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Wed May 12 14:20:30 UTC 2021

On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 09:55:15AM -0400, rsavignon wrote:

Hi there,

> i could reproduce it and it works as expected. For the sake of logging i
> replaced validate with my own validate block and the issue persist. the
> validate server log output:
>
> {"connection":"upgrade","host":"localhost","x-original-uri":"/validate","user-agent":"curl/7.68.0","accept":"*/*"}

Why does that say host:localhost?

Is there any chance that something else in your system is using
X-Original-URI as well, and overwriting the header value you set?

Perhaps use "X-Testing $request_uri" in the nginx config and see if that
changes anything?

> The thing i could figure out is if the validate server is in the same host
> its works, but if it is o a another host it don't.

That seems unlikely to me.

Testing shows that it still works for me.

So, if you still see the problem, can you show a complete nginx config
and sample request that will let someone else see the same problem?

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org