Handling cities with the same name using the GeoIP module

YvorL nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Mon Nov 15 13:46:29 UTC 2021

Hi Maxim,

I  really appreciate your response!
I just realized that in the background I'm converting the current GeoIP2
database to legacy format (https://github.com/sherpya/geolite2legacy).

As I mentioned before, when I logged $geoip_region, I got a full string
instead of 2 symbols as it's defined in the official documentation. Is this
because I'm not using the legacy database?

One last question :) Sometimes I got "00" instead of the region, I reckon
that means that the IP address (e.g., 107.178.232.174 - Google app IP) isn't
in the database file I'm using, right?

Thank you!
YvorL

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,292821,292828#msg-292828