Reverse proxy for tcp stream

백종선 jongsun89 at naver.com
Fri Oct 8 03:31:23 UTC 2021

Hi nginx team.
I'm trying to use nginx as reverse proxy for tcp stream.
The server behind proxy is opening linux socket , and checking ip address of connected client for some use .
But, if i use reverse proxy, ip would be proxy server ip address.
I have found for these situation , and tried proxy_bind transparency.
But, the socket server never get connection request.
From proxy server , timed out logs are coming.
How can socket server behind proxy get real client ip address?