Websocket is not working with Nginx Reverse Proxy

Sergey A. Osokin osa at freebsd.org.ru
Wed Sep 22 17:27:05 UTC 2021

On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 11:17:55PM -0400, blason wrote:
> Bummer!! I am not that pro - but would really appreciate if you can give me
> certain reference links or configuration? Please

Here's the new log format:

    log_format bummer  '$remote_addr - $remote_user [$time_local] "$request" '
                       '$status $body_bytes_sent "$http_referer" '
                       '"$http_user_agent" "$http_x_forwarded_for" '
                       '"$http_upgrade" "$connection_upgrade"';

It's possible to use it for a specific server or location:

    access_log /path/to/access.log.with.bummer.format.log bummer;

In case of debugging log please follow the instruction on the next page,
http://nginx.org/en/docs/debugging_log.html

Hope that helps.

--
Sergey Osokin