Support on Nginx-ingress V3.4.0

J Carter jordanc.carter at outlook.com
Fri Dec 22 15:00:56 UTC 2023

Hello,

On Fri, 22 Dec 2023 12:05:51 +0530
Akash Shrivastava <akashshrivastava.mu.99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
> Urgent support needed on Nginx-ingress 3.4.0

I'd recommend posting ingress controller related questions on the
discussions section of it's Github repo.

https://github.com/nginxinc/kubernetes-ingress/discussions

> https://github.com/nginxinc/kubernetes-ingress/pull/4428
>
> What does this mean?
>

>From an end user's perspective all they've done is merge all CRDs
that used to be in /deployments/crds/ into one file /deploy/crds.yaml,
for convenience.

There is also now kustomize templates to re-generate CRDs
(I can't think of a reason for a user to use those unless you want to
apply patches, just use the single CRD).

You can see docs on that here, and how to use the single CRD and kustomize
templates here.

https://docs.nginx.com/nginx-ingress-controller/installation/installing-nic/installation-with-manifests/#create-custom-resources

> What consideration needs to be taken before uploading this version?

Generally the release notes will list from version to version if
there is a breaking change, or some special consideration needs to
be made.

https://docs.nginx.com/nginx-ingress-controller/releases/

At least from last version, there doesn't appear to be any.