Mixing limit_except breaks rewrite functionality: workaround request

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Sun Jul 9 23:09:22 UTC 2023

On Fri, Jun 30, 2023 at 11:29:21AM +0200, Sten Gruener wrote:

Hi there,

> I trying to mix authentication for POST requests with some
> rewrite/proxy_pass logic. This mean that password is required only on
> POST/PUT requests.

This does not answer the question you asked, but is there a reason for
the "rewrite, rewrite, return, proxy_pass" sequence instead of just
using exactly "proxy_pass http://server:8081/;"

It looks like that should do what you want, so bugs in the handling of
more complicated configs would not apply.

Thanks,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org