Limiting number of client TLS connections

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Tue Nov 21 20:16:50 UTC 2023

Hello!

On Mon, Nov 20, 2023 at 11:29:39PM +0800, Zero King wrote:

> In our case, layer-4 firewall is difficult to introduce in the request
> path. Would you consider rate limiting in Nginx a valid feature request?

Firewall is expected to be much more effective solution compared
to nginx (which has to work with already established connections
at the application level).  It might be a better idea to actually
introduce a firewall if you need such limits (or, rather, make it
possible to configure the one most likely already present).

http://mdounin.ru/